Vacancy for Innkeepers
Our team at the Guest Experience Company Ltd is looking for enthusiastic individuals who are passionate about hospitality and always ready go an extra mile to provide an outstanding guest experience. Ideal candidates are happy to carry out various tasks in a boutique guesthouse environment from cleaning guestrooms to preparing breakfast to welcoming guests and arranging their check-in on their arrival. This is initially a part-time role, 20-30h a week, requiring flexibility to work morning to afternoon hours and occasionally also some hours in the evening throughout the week, including public holidays. The exact number of weekly working hours fluctuate based on the seasonality and occupancy. During high season the weekly hours are likely to be between 35-40h.
- Taking care of impeccable cleanliness of guestrooms and common areas.
- Preparing and serving simple but delicious breakfast.
- Checking and reporting any maintenance issues to the maintenance team.
- Communicating with our esteemed guests on their arrival and during their stay; arranging their check-in, processing payments, arranging any additional services they may require, offering advice and recommendations for their stay in Malta and generally taking care of them, should they need any help.
Skills and experience
Thorough training on housekeeping, food handling, customer service and handling of front office software is provided, but an advantage is given to the applicants who have previous experience in working in a hotel, restaurant or some other customer facing environment. Successful candidates have a good command of English. A knowledge of any other European language such as French, Italian, German, Spanish or Russian would be considered a strong asset.
Basic computer skills and ability to learn the use of a simple software with processing credit card payments is a must.
Innkeepers in our boutique guesthousese are the centre of the guest experience. Hence, it is essential to be friendly, hospitable, caring , efficient and generally with a pleasant personality, good sense of humour, ‘can-do’ attitude, and strong common sense.
Benefits of the role
- This position is ideal for persons who are available to work from early morning until afternoon and are occasionally also available to arrange late evening check-ins.
- Teammembers who successfully complete the training period (approximately 3 months) can expect a salary increase.
- Additional bonuses are offered based on guest satisfaction, extra services sold and work performance.
Important to know
The 6-guestroom boutique accommodations are situated in Cospicua and Zabbar. Easy commute to both localities at any time of the day to ensure punctuality is of utmost importance.
Kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21st November 2017.